Lickety Knit

In which I stick a toe into the humbling cyberknitting universe.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

False Hope

Today I got home and was very, very, very excited and disbelieving to see that my signed delivery slip was no longer on the door and a priority mail package was wedged in the mail slot. Ecstatic (because knitting merchandise can do that, really), I ripped the package open to find...not the knitting needles. Some lovely yarn that I'd forgotten I was expecting, sure, but not the knitting needles, the knitting needles that I NEED to start several projects. That's why they're called NEEDLES. But clearly the post office felt they'd done their job because they'd taken the slip -- the one meant for the other package -- and left this item in return. Sigh. Much hassle is in my future.

To cheer myself up, I will post a picture of the cute baby bucket hat I recently finished from a pattern at Little Turtle Knits with Mission Falls 1824 cotton. I knit the height of the hat shorter than the pattern called for and it still looks a little high for me; I'd decrease that further if I did this pattern again in the future.


1 Comments:

At 3/20/2005 11:17 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

I get so excited too over any knitting package I receive. I have my fingers crossed that you will get your needles soon.

The hat is adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home