Lickety Knit

In which I stick a toe into the humbling cyberknitting universe.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Waaay past my bedtime...

I stayed up too late in a knitting frenzy finishing my Honeymoon Cami! To my utter disbelief, it actually fit when I tried it on! Although it has more than a few mistakes, and the stockinette stitches are uneven, and the ends aren't woven in yet, it's mine mine mine, the first adult clothing item I've ever knit and only the second thing I've ever made for myself. I'm so excited! More tomorrow (including a post over on the knitalong and probably gratuitous additional pictures)!


(Note: When I imagined the moment of completion, I did not expect to look like death warmed over. Please excuse my appearance in that photo. Focus on the cami.)

(Second note: You can see in the back of the picture an open box on the table. That's the yarn for my next project, a sweater for my husband, which just arrived today. Perfect timing!)

2 Comments:

At 4/07/2005 6:31 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Yippee Rachel! It looks awesome on you. You are going to get so many compliments when you wear it. And, of course, the color is fabulous (hehe).

Amy

 
At 4/07/2005 7:34 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

I know, aren't I a genius for thinking of doing it in that color all by myself? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home