Lickety Knit

In which I stick a toe into the humbling cyberknitting universe.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Secret pal gifties!



I arrived home today knowing I was in for a treat (my secret pal tipped me off -- she has tracking information and saw that the package had been delivered), but I didn't realize how much of a treat. The unassuming manilla envelope I found on my doorstep contained:

1) A funny card with a nice long message
2) Two delectable-looking chocolate bars from her (approximate) home city of Seattle (cool!) that I will devour the minute Passover is over
3) A fantastic book of knitting patterns for children -- every pattern is adorable and classic and not at all cheesy (my typical complaint with kid pattern books). It has a sort of New England beachy theme, I'd say, which is perfect! I love it and want to knit about 20 things from it.
4) Two balls of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk. That's what the label says, anyway. I actually have a hard time believing that it's anything other than a cumulus cloud that has been spun into yarn and died a rich, luscious purple. This stuff is unbelievable. I am thrilled. She also very considerately included a scarf pattern I might want to use the yarn on. However, I think I shall just slowly accumulate a huge stash of this stuff and then sleep in a big pile of it.

I'm off to post on the Knittyboard secret pal thread, but in case my SP sees this first, thank you thank you thank you thank you! You have wonderful taste and I am blown away by your generosity.

By the way, I'm coming to Seattle in August...perhaps we could meet up if I guess your identity by then! (Or I'll have to wander through the streets calling "Secret paaaaaal? Secret PAAAAAALLLLL!!!" until you are so mortified that you identify yourself so I'll shut up.)

Here, by the way, is a more straightforward picture of my loot:

2 Comments:

At 4/29/2005 9:35 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Ooooh! What a generous secret pal you have. Isn't the whole SP thing fun? Shopping and getting presents, gotta love it!

Have a great weekend,
Amy

 
At 4/30/2005 12:39 AM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Very nice. That's one thoughtful SP you have there... Ilike the concept of a big pile of DB silk to sleep in. Enjoy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home