Lickety Knit

In which I stick a toe into the humbling cyberknitting universe.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

EARRAGHUGHHFFBTPPBT!

Last night I worked on the Honeymoon Cami for about 3 hours. You may notice, however (because you pay very close attention to these things), that my progress bar has not ticked up one whit. What possible explanation could there be for that? you ask yourself. Well, I was going along my knitty way, having split the work to form the v-neck and v-back, merrily decreasing at each side every other row, and then something happened and it all went to hell. Problem is -- and this is the most frustrating part -- I'm not sure what the something was, except all of a sudden the v-neck stitches were all unraveling. So I had to rip out to exactly where I'd started that evening and spend an hour and a half getting the stitches back on the needle. They dropped down so quickly, so I was grabbing them 2, 3, 4 rows down the work, anywhere I could. I had to focus a huge portion of my energy on NOT SCREAMING as I painstakingly fixed each split stitch, each twisted stitch, each dropped stitch. So with all that work, I'm successfully right back where I was at this time yesterday.

Since I'm not really sure what I did wrong, I will be threading a piece of spare yarn through the stitches at my current location so that should this unknown problem arise again, I will be in better shape to recapture my stitches after frogging to the spare yarn. I'm hoping that will be insurance against it happening again, because what fun could it be for the knitting gods to try to torment me after I've taken such a precaution? (That is NOT a challenge, knitting gods.)

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2005 11:06 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Ahhhh, she feels my pain now. Only difference with my fiasco was that I new the culprit (DD).

Amy

 
At 4/01/2005 7:32 AM, Blogger Lesha said...

meh!

But shoot, you're still a good bit ahead of me!

I looks good too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home