Lickety Knit

In which I stick a toe into the humbling cyberknitting universe.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Watermelon baby sundress


Well, let's start with the positive. I love these colors, and I love the ribbon yarn for baby clothing. It's knitting quickly and cutely.

However, my sizing fears have have been realized. It is now evident that no human baby could wear this. A human-shaped doll, perhaps, but I definitely didn't take up this hobby to make doll clothes. Clothes for hypothetical babies, sure, but not doll clothes.

But all is not lost. I think if I frogged back to the second-to-last skirt decrease and began the bodice there, it would make the skirt shorter and the bodice wider, allowing it to fit, you know, a preemie during her first week of life. Snugly. I'm going to give it a try. Here's a more straighforward photo so you can see what I mean about the proportions. I would frog back about 6 or 7 rows and start the bodice again.


A nice look at the texture of the ribbon yarn:

1 Comments:

At 5/01/2005 6:48 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

It is going to be so cute when it's done. What a lucky baby!

Happy May Day,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home